In previous days State Bank Of India used to send us a physical debit card with its PIN. But nowadays they send us only Debit Card. To activate SBI Debit Card by generating ATM pin is really easy. In this post, I am going to share the process to activate SBI Debit Card.
You may have an account on State Bank Of India or you want to open an account. After you have opened an account on SBI, you will receive a Debit Card on your address. Now you have to activate the SBI Debit Card.
Ways To Activate SBI Debit Card :
State Bank Of India offers many ways to activate your SBI Debit Card. As a new SBI Debit Card user, you may don’t know the process to activate it. So, I did the hard work, going to share all the steps to activate SBI Debit Card.
Let’s dive into the post….
There are 4 ways to activate SBI Debit Card –
Now let’s elaborate each process….
1) Activate Debit Card Through SMS :
The easiest & simplest way to activate SBI Debit Card is through SMS.
(1)First of all open your message box and type a message.
(2)Type PIN <space> Last 4 digits of Debit Card <space> Last 4 Digit Of Bank Account Number.
(3)Now send this SMS to 567676 from your registered mobile number.
(4)You will receive 4 Digit code on your registered mobile number. This code will be valid for the next 24 hours.
(5)Go to the nearest SBI ATM.
(6)Insert your card, you will be asked to enter the pin. Enter the pin you have received in your registered mobile number.
(7)Now change your pin.
(8)Your SBI Debit Card will be activated for future use.
2) Activate Debit Card Through IVR :
Another easy way to activate Debit Card is IVR (Interactive voice response).
(1)Call 1800112211 or 18004253800 from your registered mobile number.
(2)You will be asked to enter the ATM Card number and then your Account Number.
(3)You will get 4 digit pin on your registered mobile number.
(4)Now go to nearest SBI ATM.
(5)Insert your card and enter the pin you have received in your mobile number.
(6)Change your pin. Your card will be ready to use.
3) Activate Debit Card By Going ATM:
Another process to Activate SBI Debit Card is by going nearest ATM.
(1) Go to the nearest SBI ATM.
(2) When you will insert your Debit Card for the first time you will get an option to generate pin.
(3) Enter your Bank Account Number and Mobile Number.
(4) You will also get one time pin in your registered mobile number.
(5) Use that to change your pin.
4) Activate Debit Card Through INB :
If you have an existing SBI Account and you have Internet Banking in that, then you can also generate pin through Internet Banking.
(1) First of all go to This Link
(2) Now log in with your credentials.
(3) Go to e-services>>ATM Card Services >> ATM Pin Generation.
(4) Use your profile password or OTP to get authenticated. [You will receive OTP on your registered mobile number].
(5) Select account number and the card number.
(6 )Enter first 2 digit of PIN as per your preference. Then click on submit.
(7) On the next screen enter first 2 digits created by you followed by 2 digits sent to your registered mobile number through SMS.
These 4 digits will be your new pin.
Using these 4 easy methods you can easily activate your SBI Debit Card. Follow each step carefully to avoid errors.
Hope this post will help you to activate your SBI Debit Card.