If your SBI ATM Card is lost or stolen and you want to block your lost ATM Card and you don’t know how to do so, then you are in right place. In this post I am going to share all the possible ways to Block SBI ATM Card.
Lost ATM Card can result in misuses. You should block the card as soon as possible to prevent misuses.
State Bank Of India provides many ways to Block SBI ATM Card. I am going to share all the possible ways. Choose the easiest one to Block your card.
Ways To Block SBI ATM Card :
There are 4 ways to Block SBI ATM Card –
- Internet Banking.
- Mobile App
All the ways are easy. Now let’s talk about each way.
>>Block SBI ATM Card Through SMS :
You can block your SBI ATM Card easily by sending an SMS. You should have
- Bank Registered Mobile Number.
- Your mobile number should be registered with SBI SMS Banking.
- ATM Card Number.
- First of all, open your message box and create a message.
- Type BLOCK <space> Last 4 Digits Of Your ATM Card. [Example: BLOCK 1234]
- Send this message to 567676 from your registered mobile number.
- If your details were correct then your Debit Card will be blocked. And you will also receive a confirmation message mentioning date & time of blocking and ticket number related to that card blocking.
>>Block SBI ATM Card By Calling :
Another easy way to block your lost or stolen ATM Card is by calling customer care.
- Call 1800 425 3800 from your registered mobile number.
- Now choose your language.
- Press ‘0‘ to choose ATM Card blocking option.
- A customer care executive will take your call.
- Executive will ask you your Date Of Birth, Name, Address etc to confirm your identity.
- Once it is done your card will be blocked and you will get a ticket for future preference.
>>Block SBI ATM Card Through Internet Banking :
You can easily block your card through Internet Banking.
Follow below steps to do so –
- Go to This Link
- Log in to your account with your credentials.
- Now go to e-services > ATM Card Services > Block ATM Card.
- Now choose your account and then click on continue.
- On the next screen, you will be able to see active ATM Cards.
- First, select the card you want to deactivate.
- Now choose the reason. There are two reasons – One is ‘Lost‘ and another one is ‘Stolen’. Then click on submit.
- Again confirm that you want to block your card.
- Now authenticate using your profile password or One Time Password.
- After confirmation, your card will be blocked.
Also Check – How to Link PAN card to SBI Account online
>>Block Your Card Through Mobile App :
You can also block your card with a mobile app. Processes are same as Internet Banking. In case you are having trouble to block your card through the website then you can do the same with the mobile app.
- First of all download SBI Anywhere Application from Play Store.
- After the app has installed simply open the app.
- Now you will get two option to log in. One is through Easy PIN and another one is through a password.
- In case you are a new user then simply click on Register and register yourself on SBI Anywhere app through Internet Banking or Debit Card.
- Log in with your credentials. Move into the home page of the app.
- Now directly go to Services.
- Choose Debit Card Host listing option.
- Choose your account number and the debit card you want to block.
- Choose reason ‘Lost’ or ‘Stolen’.
- Enter remarks or you can leave that box blank.
- Click on Confirm.
- Enter the OTP sent to your mobile number and then click on SUBMIT.
- Your card will be blocked and you will receive a popup notification on your screen. Note that transaction number for future reference.
It is very easy to Block the card. But you may face problems if you don’t know the process. I shared all the possible ways in this post. Hope this post will be helpful for you.
There are 4 easy ways to block the card. Choose the one which is easy for you.