SBI is one of the biggest banks in India. SBI offers many facilities to its customers online and offline also. To avail some of the services, you need to know to CIF number of your account. This number is unique for every customer and the same for your all accounts in SBI in any branch. In this article, I have explained how to get CIF number of SBI online and offline.
What is CIF number? Full form of CIF number in SBI.
Customer Information File (CIF) is the unique number assigned to every customer. CIF number stores all your personal and account details in SBI database. This number helps to identify your all accounts and track all transactions for bank. Generally, this CIF number is not required to us as a customer but in some cases its required.
Where we need CIF number?
One specific service where we need CIF number is SBI branch change. If you want to transfer your account from one SBI branch to another branch, then you need to know your CIF number.
How to get SBI CIF number online?
There are two different methods to check the CIF number online.
- From SBI anywhere App
- SBI internet banking
Method 1 – How to check SBI CIF number from SBI anywhere App (Now, Yono Lite)
1. Download and install the SBI anywhere app from playstore or App store.
2. If you are first time user of SBI anywhere app, then register for the App. Read how to register for SBI anywhere app for the first time.
3. Once you log in successfully to the app, tap on Services option.
4. From the next screen, tap on Online nomination option.
5. From the next screen, select your account type as Transaction account or Deposit account.
6. On the same screen, select the account number.
7. You can now see the SBI CIF number on your screen.
You can note this CIF number and close the app safely.
Method 2 – How to get CIF number of SBI from Internet banking
1. Open https://www.onlinesbi.com/ on your phone or website and login with your user id and password.
2. From the left side menu, click on the Account statement option.
3. Select the account number and select the account statement period. And then click on the Submit button.
4. Now you can see the CIF number displayed at the beginning of the Account statement.
In this way, you can get CIF number of your sbi account with this simple four steps.
Offline methods to get SBI CIF number
1. From the Passbook –
You can get the CIF number from the passbook. Open the passbook first page and check the CIF number printed at the bottom.
2. From SBI customer care helpline number
You can call to SBI helpline number and ask for your CIF number. After connecting the call, the executive may ask you details to verify identity. You can then ask them for CIF number. SBI customer care number 1800112211 OR 18004253800
CIF number is a unique number assigned to every customer. In this guide, you can know how to get a CIF number of SBI online and offline. If you have any doubt regarding this article, please write below in the comment section below.